Menu

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Quotes about overcoming depression and anxiety to cheer up a depressed friend

thoughts-beat-anxiety-depression

Inspirational and motivational quotes for depression sufferers 

I had no clue how depression can haunt someone until it haunted me for nearly two months. As a sufferer, I was deeply sad and most of the time remained lost somewhere in my own thoughts which were insidious in nature. I completely lost my interest in things which I liked the most, was unable to concentrate on tasks, spent sleepless nights and attained weak emotional and physical condition as my eating habit and appetite changed. Moreover, my thoughts about depression were strong enough to harm me by forcing me to quit. BUT, I didn't quit and now I am back with immense energy. Now, I feel I have enough energy to spread vitality and happiness among all who actually need it. 

I am sure that anyone who is depressed can overcome his depression if he is motivated from within and is really longing to overcome depression. But most of the time, when he is in depression positive, motivational and inspirational thoughts seldom come in his mind. At this juncture, a close friend or family member can help him in end number of ways, one of which can be to read a depressed friend motivational and inspirational quotes to overcome depression and anxiety.  

Quotes for depressed friends to cheer up 

Strength grows in the moments when you think you can’t go on but you keep going anyway 
It’s perfectly okay to admit you’re not okay
Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny
Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all battles you have won, and the fears you have overcome
Do not believe the things you tell yourself when you are sad and alone.
It’s me who is enemy,
Me who beats me up,
Me who makes the monsters,
Me who strips my confidence.
The bravest thing
I ever did was
Continuing my life
When I wanted to die.
When something bad happens
You have three choices
You can let it either define you
Let it destroy you, or you
Can let it strengthen you
motivational-quotes-overcome-depression 
Stars can’t shine without darkness 
Be gentle with yourself,
You are doing the best you can
Take a shower, wash off the day.
Drink a glass of water. Make the room dark.
Lie down and close your eyes.
Notice the silence. Notice your heart.
Still beating. Still fighting. You made it, after all.
You made it another day. And you can make it one more.
You’re doing just fine. 
You are Okay.
You will get better.
You feel like
yourself again
You may not believe that’s possible now;
Cling it to anyway. 
Music makes the pain fade. Listen to it now 
I have depression.
But I prefer to say I “battle” depression instead of
“I suffer” with it.
Because, depression hits but I hit back.
Battle on.
Because I know what it feels like
To beg god to just take it all away
Don't you know why you are exhausted?
You’re a fighting a war inside your head every single day.
If that’s not exhausting I don’t know what is. 
Pain changes people,
 it makes them trust less,
overthink more,
and shut people out.
It’s all about finding the calm in the chaos 
To that one soul reading this,
I know you’re tired.
You’re fed up.
You’re so close to breaking but theirs is strength within you
Even when you feel weak
Keep fighting
Even the darkest night
will end
and the sun will rise
The worst part
About being sad
Is that
You don’t even know
What makes you happy
Anymore 
Believe in yourself and all that you are.
Know that there is
Something inside you
That is greater than an obstacle.
I had to fight like hell
And fighting like hell had made me
What I am 
Just because you took longer than others
Doesn’t mean you failed
Remember that.
Do not give your past
The power to define your future
I’ve endured this discomfort before and survived it,
And so I can survive it today.
I’ve felt these feelings before and sat with them,
And so I can sit with them today.
I’ve felt like giving in before and held onto hope,
 And so I can continue to hold on today.
I made it through yesterday, and so,
I can also make it through today.
I can do it.
I will do it.
I am doing it.
I am strong and I am capable. I will not give up.
I refuse to sink
Just because you think you’re worthless
Doesn’t make it true.
Imagine if we obsessed about the things we loved
About ourselves
The biggest fear is that eventually, you will see me the way I see myself. 
Mental illness is not a choice but recovery is.
Do not confuse my bad days a sign of weakness. Those are actually the days I’m fighting my hardest.
Broken minds can be healed just like the way broken bones and broken hearts are healed.
While God is at work making those repairs, the rest of us can help by being merciful, nonjudgmental, and kind.
Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine.
I will breathe.
I will think of solutions.
I will not let
My worry control me.
I will not let my
Stress level break me.
I will simply breathe.
And it will be okay.
Because I don’t quit.
Recovery: It will be challenging.
It will also be worth it.
You will relapse, and that’s ok,
As long as you keep fighting.
Depression, anxiety and panic attacks
Are not a sign of weakness.
They are signs of trying to remain strong for far too long.
And in great decay
Comes great renewal.
Life finds a way out of the darkest spots.
Breathe the air and remind yourself that your heart
Beats hard to keep you alive.
It doesn’t have to take over your life,
It doesn’t have to define you as a person,
It’s just important that you ask for help.
It’s not a sign of weakness.
Before you can see the light, you have to deal with the darkness.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn

Hope, these depression quotes will help you or your dear one overcome depression and anxiety. Please share your thoughts in the comment box below. 
Share:

1 comment:


  1. which occurs because blood flow goes from the head to more critical parts of the body in response to the attack.
    The most common symptoms of a anxiety or panic attacks include the following symptoms.
    Take a look: anxiety attack

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © SPRY MOTIVATORS | Quotes | Sayings | Affirmations | To live a better life with and after Covid